Re: [Question #170670]: P2P distributed storage (like Wuala)

Question #170670 on Syncany changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/170670

Funky Dev posted a new comment:
I think tahoe-laft can be accessed as a file system via fuse, sshfs and sftp
but as already mentioned it can also be accessed via sftp.  So it seems like
you could just reuse the local fs plugin rather than rewriting a new one.

As a backend to syncany, however, it seems a bit odd to use tahoe as it
already implements the front-end functionality of syncany to a large degree
(albeit with a fixed backend).  I think its even moving towards supporting
encrypting and updating files one chunk at a time with MDMF (see e.g.

http://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2010-April/004292.html

Once this is implemented (which I think it almost is) I don't see much point
in running syncany over tahoe-lafs (though of course syncany is still much
more broadly usable and supports many more backends).