Re: Google+ group a good idea?

Hi everyone,

I think one of the reasons the mailing list has been more quiet is that a
lot of the discussion has been moved to GitHub. I personally don't actually
use G+ and I feel GitHub works better. Mailing lists are still excellent
for announcements and general discussion, and all implementation-specific
discussion can happen on GitHub, where relevant things are always visible
(even if they were discussed a while ago). I reckon that for new
contributors, it is way easier to look at the amount of activity in issues
on Github than to skim through a mailing list. The mailing list can serve
for announcements and discussions regarding scope and overarching technical
issues. G+ should not be a place for critical communication regarding
technical issues, but could serve as a channel for user feedback.

TL;DR It is transparent if GitHub serves as discussion platform and the
mailing list is used for everything too big for an issue.

Just my two cents,

Pim