team-xbmc team mailing list archive

Packaging Bug - Runtime error on libmad0

When using XBMC when playing back mp3s on some audio settings XBMC
needs to use libmad0.

(relevant line in my debug log)
08:33:56 T:140429670377440   ERROR: Unable to load libmad.so.0,
reason: libmad.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

at which point xbmc crashes and restarts

This is not an install dependency of xbmc-bin (at least not the
dailies which I'm using) and I feel it should be.

Also I couldn't work out where to report packaging based bugs for your
PPA, so I'm just spamming your ML. Sorry if that's not the right place

Thanks for all your hard work.

David