testrepository-dev team mailing list archive

Re: testrepository and test filter creation

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I think testrepositories internals have gotten a little foggy
> recently, and I wanted to understand what we're trying to do. The
> attached image (please excuse the grot on it - turns out my camera
> finds every spec of ever used whiteboard marker on my whiteboard, and
> puts it into the image - I cleaned it up as much as I had patience to
> do, before compressing it to a usable size) lays this out.

lp:~lifeless/testrepository/bug-914166 uses the clarity I got from
doing that to implement (most of) tag filtering.

What is missing from that branch is:
 - parameterising the TestCommand.make_result to honour the tag filtering rules
 - and tweaking that filter to not filter failures - we don't want a
LayerSetup that fails to be filtered out, only a LayerSetup that
works.

The second part probably wants to be done in subunit or testtools
eventually, but I'm a big fan of make it work, make it work right,
make it live in the right place.

I doubt I can do much more on this this week, with the platform
strategy sprint I'll be calling into and then UDS, but I'll happily
advise if someone else wants to run with it, otherwise this is top of
my list for things-to-help-folk-with and I will get to it as I can.

-Rob