testrepository-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Yellow] testrepository and test filter creation

Gary and I caught up a little on IRC and are more fully synced now :).

tl;dr (in fact, private chat, thats why noone else has read it :P)

 - --subunit probably shouldn't ever be filtered
 - doing the zope filtering etc is still desired for end users using
things without buildbot
 - the stuff that is muddy is what jml and I put in place in our
refactorings back before the LP parallel test project
 - the branch I have is old (from budapest) merely brought up to date
with one commit in place to start shaping the aggregation of
TestResult filters.

Attached is a new image to show what I think will work:
 -- subunit will be taken straight from the cloned mux stream and will
always be what-came-in (modulo the MUX tagging which is intended to be
non-destructive).
 -- --full-results will bypass user transforms such as tagged test
removals (we may want to tweak the name before releasing, but thats
minor) (e.g. --no-transforms)

A thing to note is that the existing CLITestResult object is doing
everything reached from the UI box, so its kindof bloated; this
diagram may help us clean that up in future, but it doesn't affect the
short term work to do to make the branch landable - basically reglue
the three options slightly, and the implement the tag based filtering
(including special casing errors/failures IMO).

-Rob