testtools-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~gz/testtools/unicode_doctestmatches_764170 into lp:testtools

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Martin [gz] <gzlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right _toAscii is Python 3 only, and I'm not really sure why it was added there, it's part of the big change that added the repr()/ascii() distinction. I guess for doctests it's a feature that "'\xa7'" and "'§'" are equivalent?

I guess it's for people who want to embed doctests in Python files and
are too lazy to specify a PEP-0263 encoding.

> Note I've pushed one more revision because I was a little sloppy with trailing whitespace.

Cool. I'll merge your branch & add NEWS etc.

Thanks!
jml

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gz/testtools/unicode_doctestmatches_764170/+merge/66674
Your team testtools developers is subscribed to branch lp:testtools.