testtools-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Yellow] whats the status of testtools/subunit/testrepository as far as parallel testing is concerned?

On 05/07/2012 02:43 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Robert Collins
> <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd like to issue releases of all three projects, if you have no more
>> outstanding patches.
>>
>> I've pushed a fix for the misapplied tags to testtools (I hope, if it
>> doesn't fix it it probably means the diagnosis was wrong).
>
> On IRC Gary says there are no known deltas, but trunk may not work,
> OTOH if I'm optimistic, doing releases would make it easier for him to
> check that the released code works.
>
> So I'm going to go through (testtools, subunit, testrepository) and
> release each in order after doing some crude platform checks (e.g. run
> it with python 2.7 and 3).

I just gave these a whirl on a buildbot master and slave, and everything
looks good there.  Once the subunit packaging issue is resolved (bug
987938) or someone confirms that I'm on crack with that bug somehow, I
think some releases are entirely warranted.

Thank you!

Gary