testtools-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~jseutter/testtools/py3_again into lp:testtools

On May 16, 2012, at 05:29 PM, Jerry Seutter wrote:

>I wish I understood Python packaging better so I could tell Python not to
>compile/install certain .py files.  In practice python 2 and 3 are going to
>be installed in different places so there isn't much point in deploying both
>files all the time.  I'll see if I can figure out how to do this.

I just spent an hour trying a bunch of different ugly kludges to avoid byte
compiling _compat2x.py when installing with Python 3, with no luck.  I've sent
a message off to the python-porting mailing list, though if I don't get a good
answer there, I'll re-post it to distutils-sig.  I'll follow up here if I get
any good advice; it would make for a nice item in my porting quick reference.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jseutter/testtools/py3_again/+merge/105569
Your team testtools developers is subscribed to branch lp:testtools.