testtools-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~jml/testtools/address-0.9.18-release-issues into lp:testtools

Review: Needs Fixing

Looks good overall.

+        if sys.version_info > (3, 3):
+            return "FileExistsError"

As discussed on IRC, Python 3.3 makes the exception name we should expect platform-dependant, so would be best to allow either using MatchesRegex or similar.

+        if sys.version_info > (3, 3):
+            error = 'TypeError'
+        else:
+            error = 'SyntaxError'
+        self.assertIn(self._as_output("\n%s: " % (error,)), textoutput)

Just ran this with the pre-release Python 3.3 I had installed and the test failed. Probably wants the same treatment of just accepting both exception names, rather than using a version check?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jml/testtools/address-0.9.18-release-issues/+merge/130557
Your team testtools developers is subscribed to branch lp:testtools.