tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Compiler Defaults

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Fletcher
<m.fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I had a small bit of trouble compiling Tomdroid. There are several places
> where @Overide is applied to an interface method which is incorrect.  Not a
> big deal though.
>
> The problem I had was I enabled that error in my eclipse-wide compiler
> settings.

This could be a Java 1.4 vs Java 5 thing. Annotations started with Java 5.

>  I would like to set project-wide compiler settings. I will just go with
> the defaults.  Its a good way for me to try pushing in a patch. I have never
> used bzr before.

This would be welcomed. Since the change required will be quite small (only
.project affected?) you might be better off attaching a patch to a bug
instead of pushing a whole branch. Anyways, its up to you.

very quick instructions for patch submission (google for details)

# bzr branch lp:tomdroid
make required change in eclipse project's metadata

# bzr diff

verify it looks clean

# bzr diff > project-compiler-settings-fix.patch

and attach to a bug in launchpad.

Thanks!
--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>