tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Tomdroid 0.2.0 is released!

Hi everyone,

I have the pleasure to announce Tomdroid's second release!

This version brings performance, responsiveness improvements and better
overall user experience.

Tomdroid is a Tomboy compatible wikiwiki note-taking application for
Android. Right now it's a tomboy note viewer but soon it should be
considered a full tomboy client for android (I hope).

Tomdroid's project page: http://www.launchpad.net/tomdroid/

A blog post including some screenshots (and redundant info) can be found
here: http://www.bottomlesspit.org/2009/06/25/tomdroid-second-release

For now Tomdroid is not available on the Google Market Place but you can
find the latest package at:  https://launchpad.net/tomdroid/+download. Point
your Android browser over there and click on the top .apk file. Alternate
installation instructions are available in the README file.

This release includes the following:

Version 0.2.0 - this is all wrong
Development is done using SDK 1.5 but the application is compatible with 1.x
* Performance improvements (on my ADP1 ~50 notes loads twice as fast)
* Responsiveness improvements: you can now see the screen updating the note
list when it's parsing notes and interact with it
* Usability/UI improvements (#364851, Benoît Garret)
* Text no longer changes color when scrolling (#364425)
* Fixed concurrency crashes (#389437)
* Messages are now clearer when there are no notes in the tomdroid/ folder
vs when the folder doesn't exist
* Improved usability of the URL input dialog to load a Web note
* Better error reporting to user when loading a note from the Web
* Better Android lifecycle management
* Developer related fixes (#364770, Michael Fletcher)

For more details and developer visible changes see the ChangeLog.

If you encounter any problems please open up a bug report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tomdroid.

If you have an idea for an enhancement please register a blueprint at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tomdroid.

If you want to provide any additional help (translation, code, website,
testing, publicity, etc.) feel free to subscribe to the tomdroid-dev mailing
list and propose help: https://launchpad.net/~tomdroid-dev

Thanks for tuning in. See you all later!
--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>