tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Tomdroid now on the Android Market!

That is great news indeed; I'm sure it will bring a lot more users and
maybe even some contributors.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM, pjv <ezelspinguin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Congratulations. I can install it from Belgium as well.
>
> Though I second earlier remarks about possibly getting many 1-star
> ratings due to early release into the Market. Nobody cares the
> description says it's a read-only client, they want full functionality
> and polish and they want it now ;-). Comparing to regular open-source or
> shareware environments the Market can be insanely harsh in my
> experience.

I'm not really convinced users will simply ignore the description and
give a 1-star review once they realize it's read-only, but I guess
we'll see.  Also, if you use tomboy and you want your notes on your
Android, you have no options other than Tomdroid, so I wonder if
reviews really matter much to Tomdroid.  Of course we don't want bad
reviews, but I think the thought that we might get them shouldn't
prevent us from releasing Tomdroid on the Market.

Also, if we're really worried about the bad reviews, it'd be easy to
change the first-time notice to state the features that are present
and the ones that are missing.

Cheers,