tomdroid-maintainers team mailing list archive

Re: Stable 0.6.1 and Beta 0.7.3

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Jango <j.4@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Maintainers,
>
> As you may have noticed when looking into your mail-inbox, I fixed a
> couple of bugs already concerning 0.7.3 and 0.6.1
> For the next beta release there are still some issues which i hope
> will be resolved with the end of the week. The next stable release is
> already good to go.
> However, I want to ask you to test it extensively. I will also do so
> this evening (in a few hours). If there are no critical bugs appearing
> I would like to push 0.6.1 to the market directly. Since 0.6.0 nothing
> big changed except for translations and the ssl fix.
>
> What do you think?

Yes! That's awesome! I will build and test tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

> @plaxx: could you help me doing the release?

Yes. We shall also take this as an opportunity to allow you to release
also. While releasing i'll review the notes and see what's are the things
that would prevent you from releasing.

> Concerning the beta, I think it would be a good idea to do another
> beta/release candidate after 0.7.3 and then release a 0.8.0 directly
> into the market. Again, what's your thoughts?

I'm 100% behind you. Once 0.8 hits the market, lets aim for a cycle where
we only test a week or so privately then release to market in most cases
and maybe wait longer in certain cases.

Cheers!
--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>