Re: [Torios] ToriOS (beta) tarball with 3 kernels

Hi Israel and Jack,
[inline]

Den 2015-03-27 14:10, Israel skrev:>
> On 03/27/2015 08:06 AM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
>> Nio,
>>
>> networking disabled...network manager not running in the tarball
>> torios with the 3 kernels.
>>
>> JackT.
>
> Hi Nio,
> This issue may be one of a few things.
> Are the policykit files installed?  (i.e. torios-desktop... it should do
> this automatically)
> Is your user part of the users group?
>
> Do you have a clean /etc/network/interfaces file?
>
> Those are the problems I had initially getting it up and running
>
> --
> Regards
>
> -Israel
> ToriOS Team

I made this tarball from a system installed from the current ToriOS beta
iso file, so it has everything installed, that you provided, Israel.
Plus two more kernels. And I tweaked grub to show the grub menu to make
it easy to select kernel.

I have not touched the network files (at least not manually or by
intention).

The user tester (in the tarball) was created by the script in ToriOS
live, and it is part of the users group.

Question to Israel: You mentioned that all users will be wiped and
replaced by the new one, when installing from the ToriOS live system. Is
that still like that?

Question to Jack: Did you install the tarball with 'my' OBI or with
ToriOS? If you use 'my' OBI, you should instead use the following tarball,

http://phillw.net/isos/one-button-installer/tarballs/ToriOS_3kernels_use-by-OBI-in-trusty.tar.xz

Den 2015-03-27 14:25, Cinque Port Computers skrev:
> Nio,
>
> Update: although the nm-applet says 'networking disabled' and all fields
> greyed out, I found my wired connection is up and NetworkManager was
> running.
>
> I'm testing inside VB with non-pae set and using the generic kernel.
>
> Had to change locale from Swedish to UK too.  User is 'tester'.
>
> JackT.

I have not tested this tarball in VB. I have a [portable] system
installed in a USB 3 pendrive, so it is very easy for me to test in
various computers, but VB won't boot from USB. KVM + virt-manager does
boot from USB.

Does wifi work for you from inside VB, when testing other distros?

Sorry from the Swedish ;-) If you think it is worthwhile to have such a
3-kernel tarball, we can debug it and I can polish it to make it useful
for a wider range of people.