starttorios script

Hi,
I have been thinking about a few things related to our startup script
lately.
This newest version covers all the general use cases imaginable (AFAIK).
We start everything needed and this is great.... but it is much slower
than the older simpler script.

So... I was thinking we could (eventually) rework the script to have
variables that define How much stuff the user wants to start.
for example
FULL (would be the full current state)
ENOUGH (would be most everything)
SMALL (cut out some of the other checking)
MINI (just consolekit and  jwm)

The choice could then be defined in a configuration file:

starttorios.conf
FULL

or something similar.

Then would could make a simple dialog program to configure the choice,
if the user doesn't need/want all the bells and whistles.

Just a thought... but it might be nice to eventually (ToriOS 2.0) have
this as a choice

-Israel
ToriOS Team