Re: [Torios] new test zsync

Den 2015-06-10 18:46, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Den 2015-06-10 16:11, Israel skrev:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I would like you to try copying your current beta ISO to an RC iso:
>> cp ToriOS-beta.iso ToriOS-RC.iso
>>
>> then run:
>>
>> zsync http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-RC.iso.zsync
>>
>> This will save you time by reusing the old ISO.
>> The md5sum is called md5sum.rc though, since you are using zsync you do
>> not need to check it manually.
>>

> Hi Israel,
>
> Nice tip to reduce the downloading work to half :-)
>
> Quick feedback: the menus won't show when clicking on Apps in the top
> left corner. Nothing happens. ('Places' works as expected, and also the
> globe for seamonkey.)
>
> Continuing to test ...
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again Israel,

1. Basic OBI level

It works to install into a whole USB 3 pendrive (at the basic OBI
level). The other systems are found by 30_os-prober in update-grub
during the installation, when an SSD is in inside the computer.

2. Advanced OBI level (into a partition of an SSD)

a. When the SSD is inside the computer, it works to install into a
partition of it (at the advanced OBI level). The other systems are found
by 30_os-prober. Still good like before :-)

b. When the SSD is outside the computer (and connected via USB 3) it
works to install into a partition of it (at the advanced OBI level).

- But the other systems are not found by 30_os-prober, so they are not
available in the installed system. This is like the previous version,
still buggy :-(

The log file is attached.

+ This system boots properly directly from the OBI-installer (via your
dialog screen). Improved :-)

+ The plymouth splash is not garbled. Improved :-)

As before it works to run update-grub in the installed system in order
to get menuentries for the other installed systems.

It seems you have not changed anything with the tarball - at least I see
that some bugs remain.

Tarball path: /tarballs
Using zmktbl to make the tarballs
OBI path: /usr/share/OBI/
OS to install: ToriOS-i386
Menu Title: OS to install: ToriOS-i386
selected: /usr/share/OBI/selected OBI directory: /usr/share/OBI
Tarball path: /tarballs
No system name specified, using the name of the tarball
ToriOS-i386
selected tarball: /tarballs/ToriOS-i386.tar.xz
selecting mkpxpy (with swap)
selected: /usr/share/OBI/selected OBI directory: /usr/share/OBI
Tarball path: /tarballs
No system name specified, using the name of the tarball
ToriOS-i386
/dev/sda5 was not mounted
/dev/sda1 was not mounted
/dev/sda5 was not mounted
Installing ToriOS-i386 to /dev/sda1 with swap on /dev/sda5 ...
mklub ToriOS-i386 /tarballs/ToriOS-i386.tar.xz /dev/sda1 /dev/sda5
ToriOS-i386
/tarballs/ToriOS-i386.tar.xz
/dev/sda1
/dev/sda5
pv /tarballs/ToriOS-i386.tar.xz | tar -xJ
the tarball /tarballs/ToriOS-i386.tar.xz is expanded, syncing the drive ...
Use existing swap partition /dev/sda5 - keep its UUID
ToriOS-i386     70070474-345b-4d5e-9ce6-7c47665dcb5a
ToriOS-i386
Removing tarball user named: torios
Added tester
set password for tester
updated menus, and xdg-dirs and gtk-dirs
copied /etc/skel
locate database not located on tarball :(
Please Contact the tarball maintainer
changed gksu to sudo mode for tester
No autologin for tester.
TZ="Europe/Stockholm"; export TZ
tester's time set to: Europe/Stockholm
set systemwide time to Europe/Stockholm
Computer supports PAE
64bit processor
64bit machine installing 32 bit OS
updated grub for /dev/sda
The installation of ToriOS-i386 to  has finished

Follow ups