Re: update

Hi Israel,

I recognize the sleep fix - I use it in mkusb to make things work in a reliable way :-)

But that should not make the code grow to 725 MiB. Did you add code, or are there updates from upstream (packages that grow outside your control)?

I know that Lubuntu is suffering from such problems, not only the kernel but also the language packs (including some Asian locales added big chunks) and other software grow.

-o-

Have you considered the 'two file method' with an iso file and a separate tarball? The tarball can be written to another drive, for example a USB drive or a second CD (a data CD), and accessed after booting from the CD.

The OBI can also download a tarball when it is running, but I think some users will prefer to get it separately. (The tarball can be stored in RAM, but I think the old computers, that cannot boot from DVD or USB also have too small RAM to store a tarball.)

The 'two file method' might be a solution to the problem with growing software components and the CD size limit. Otherwise I'm afraid that you must strip the system too much so that it will lack important features.