Re: New ISO

Den 2016-08-01 kl. 20:31, skrev Nio Wiklund:
Den 2016-08-01 kl. 18:51, skrev Israel:
Hey everyone,

I got everything rebuilt, and tested the menu.

So far so good, it looks like this fix works.

I also got the ISO to a much more manageable size, it is now 684 MiB

So this is a great!  It is now working and the right size.

I tested the normal install process, but nothing has changed in OBI
recently.

Please zsync and test this ISO!

Hi Israel,

I will zsync and do some testing tonight, but I will start travelling
tomorrow afternoon, and be away for 3 days ... so there will be no
thorough testing by me this time (unless you wait until I'm back).

I noticed that the shutdown menu is simple, only shutdown, no reboot in the live session. I guess it is your intention (to save iso file size(?)).

Installing at the advanced OBI level worked correctly.

I can confirm the bugs detected by Jack (in the installed system).

I made a rather quick check, but things seems to work rather well, and the iso file is within CD size :-)

The size of the installed system is 1.5 GiB (as seen by df -h), Lubuntu Trusty is 2,5 GiB and the newer Lubuntu versions are bigger (as installed). The Lubuntu iso files exceed the CD size. So size is really different between them, not only RAM usage, but it also implies that people need to add some application programs in order to make ToriOS useful. I think the main difference to Lubuntu is Firefox.