Subject: Re: Testing in VB: RE: [Torios-dev] New Jessie ISO
To: jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx
From: israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 09:09:34 -0500

    On 08/23/2016 02:35 AM, Cinque Port
      Computers wrote:

        Hi
            Israel,

        Installed
            okay in VB; menus behaving; panel items behaving; installed
            SeaMonkey okay.

        Noticed
            a new sources.list oversight when I was updating: see pic

          More
              testing later today,
          JackT.

          > Installing Seamonkey should work well now, but I will
          have to take

          > another look at firefox... something may have changed in
          Debian related

          > to firefox, I know they are dropping Iceweasel at some
          point in favour

          > of the vanilla Firefox.

    Hi Jack,

    I finally had some time to work more on firstrun.

    The good news, I found that firefox in Debian is now 'firefox-esr'
    and is in the repositories.  So all the jumble of what we used to
    have to do is totally finished!!!  It is really simple now.

    I think I fixed a few of the other firstrun bugs, as well.

    I also log all the gtk warning garbage to a file so the users don't
    have to see it.

    Anyhow, I am updating the torios-desktop package now so I think
    things should work well.

    I also updated the menu program, as I have condensed all my simple
    c++ common functions (in all my programs) to a single common library
    (with its own namespace no less :D  linuxcommon ) so things are now
    easier to keep track of, as I can simply use the same common library
    for all my stuff.

    I have been working on the library for quite a while for another
    program, and I decided to rework the menu program slightly to
    include it, and use the better functions.