To: torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:15:50 -0500
Subject: [Torios-dev] Yet another Update

    Hi everyone,

    I have been coding in my spare time on the jwm-settings-manager
      2.0 branch.

    Here are the updates:

    Mouse/Touchpad:

    This is now fully working, and contains code to switch the cursor
      theme, and works fairly well.  The touchpad settings all work the
      same.

    The main difference is that the JWM settings are in a single tab,
      and IF NO TOUCHPAD is present a window showing ONLY the JWM
      settings will show, rather than a window with options that do not
      work.

    Panel:

    Most of this works now.  There are a few remaining issues to fix,
      but the major stuff is working.

    The menu editor dialog is much improved (it looks much cleaner
      now) and the functionality works as well as it did previously.
      There is still no way to remove certain things (there never was),
      but I will work on adding that functionality soon.

    Window:

    Groups work well now, and fully populate, though there are doubtless
    some aspects that do not fully work yet.

    The window buttons are now designed slightly differently and seem
    more compact and clear to me, though you testers can tell me if the
    UI changes make sense or not.

    Icons:

    The icon dialog is up to par with what it was capable of, though I
    intend to instate Icon theme usage soon (didn't work properly in the
    old one, which is why it would call a script dialog to do this), as
    most of the underlying functions have been improved and work much
    better now. So currently it is only for manually editing the lines.

    Themes:

    This works.  There are minor issues (the app button doesn't show up,
    but that is minor and should be easy to fix)

    Desktop:

    Everything I have tried works.  But I have not completely tested it
    all, and there may be a few things that still need tweaking.

    Fonts:

    This all works well.  I think it works the same as the old one,
    though I improved some things... for example choosing a font that
    has 'bold' will now show up as bold.  Same thing for 'italic'

    Keyboard:

    This is MUCH improved, and mostly working at this point.

    There is now a key grabber.  You can click a button and then enter a
    Key combination which it will grab.

    I plan to add a list of XF86 keys (the key grabber doesn't grab
    these well)

    To make that easy (and make nice names rather than "XF86Calculator"
    do something like "Calculator Button")

    But this is already improved since you do not have to type in things
    like 'Page_Up' since not everyone knows the X standards for key
    names, and they must be typed in perfectly or it wont work...  So
    now it does everything for the user!

    To make it easy to test (if you don't want to add the PPA)

    Here are the links:

    https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/+archive/ubuntu/torios/+files/jwm-settings-manager-common_2.0.0ubuntu1-66~ubuntu14.04.1_all.deb

https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/+archive/ubuntu/torios/+files/jwm-settings-manager_2.0.0ubuntu1-66~ubuntu14.04.1_i386.deb

    There are most likely bugs that I do not know about... but hopefully
    it is relatively less buggy than the previous version.