Re: 18Dec2016 - New testing ISO

On 12/19/2016 09:49 AM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:

> Hi Israel,
>

> Yes, that line input in the terminal plus a reboot got the 3 panel
> icons back to visible BUT it turned off the desktop icons again,
>

> so they disappear again after a logout/reboot and will only appear
> again using the Desktop Settings Icons on/off trick again.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jack

Hi Jack,
OK I think the solution will be to add
pcmanfm --desktop
to a desktop file in the xdg autostart directory.
this is about the only thing I can really think of at this point to make
both work well.  We can test it and see if it works, and go from there.
I am not sure how to make both things work unfortunately.
perhaps, changing the order *might* make things work... I will test a
bit more and let you know