Re: 19dec2016 Testing ISO

Den 2016-12-20 kl. 06:53, skrev Israel:
Hi All,

I do think I've gotten it now.

I removed something from our xdg autostart that may have been causing
the issue, and rebuilt the ISO.

It is uploaded and relinked, please give it a test, I tested it a few
times, so it works as far as I can tell, but Jack you are the expert on
this specific issue, so please tell me how it goes.

So here is the TODO list before we can present 1.5 to Ali (I am calling
this ToriOS 1.5 since our release schedule is more like Debian "It will
be released when ready")

- get Jack's issue fixed

- if possible refine OBI to have a better, faster user configuration
which makes the user only select their language (or keyboard layout) and
automatically configures the timezone/locale/keyboard correctly. (This
is a bit of work, but if we can get it done by 2.0 at least... I'd be glad)

- test JSM 2.0 to make sure it actually works for other people than just
myself :D

- finish/fix bugs for JSM 2.0

I already found a bug in the menus that crept in, but I have since fixed
it.  It was preventing certain menu items from existing (thunderbird in
my case)  The fix is NOT in this ISO you will have to update it and
possibly remove some cache files for it to work...

@Nio, or @Jack if there is an issue I am forgetting please remind me.

Does the network work well for you in these recent releases?  I modified
the hosts, and resolv.conf in ISOmaker to fix this.

Also, I have begun work on Debian unstable testing ISO (aka sid), which
will become 'stretch' i.e. Debian 9.0 for ToriOS 2.0.  So far so good.
But alot of changes have needed to happen in ISOmaker to support
building from unstable, and it is not yet finished.

Thanks again for all your help in testing/ideas/etc..  I really
appreciate you!

Hi Israel,

*Live*

Ethernet is good, but the wireless network is still not working in the live session :-(

The touchpad works :-P

*Installing*

I tried only at the basic OBI level, and it worked :-)

*Installed system*

The firstrun items are there again and the trashcan

Ethernet and wifi work in the installed system.

The battery indicator works, but I think it is a strange symbol for a multi-purpose applet icon. This is not where a new user would look for a way to shut down. I guess you use it to saves space in the panel compared to using two icons, one for battery and one for shutdown.

The shutdown via the left top corner menu has an icon for reboot now :-)

The Imagemagick menu items do not work. Maybe you can remove them (this is a general bug, that is also affecting Ubuntu).

*And a wishlist item*

It would be nice to have mkusb or guidus in the live system. This would help people create persistent live system 'directly' from Windows and use ToriOS live for other tasks too, for example cloning drives and wiping/restoring drives.