Re: OBI and ISOmaker

Den 2017-01-06 kl. 23:12, skrev Israel:
Hey all,

I am continuing work on the chroot installer, but I have mostly been
working with it in relation to ISOmaker currently.  I decided I needed
to figure out how to use each portion of the chroot to
install/updated/etc... and successfully unmount things.

So I have heavily modified the ISOmaker scripts and tested things very
heavily to make the ISO using some common functions, in some sourced/
some executable files.  I have kept to the same basic principle I used
in the OBI installer.

This has the nice effect of making ISOmaker able to create an ISO using
a different setup than ours.  You can specify the packages to install in
a config file, as well as specify a PPA.

Anyhow, I have been doing this all within a ToriOS VM, which has been
really nice to do.  I really like virt-manager more and more for
development.  I have also been working on OBI in a VM, so I can easily
transfer the new files over to a live CD when it is all working well.

I got the tarball version of ToriOS to build, though it is a whopping
832 MiB... That is without any major reduction in size... so it is
working well and the files should transfer well to OBI.

Just wanted to give you an update

Thanks for the update, Israel :-)