Re: mount usb flash disk as read wrtie

Den 2017-03-18 kl. 16:23, skrev Paul Sutton:
Hi

Fresh install (iso downloaded 17/3/2017)

Plugged in usb flash disk, and I can't write to it,   are these devices
mounted read only.

Rignt now this is the ON;Y way I can get files from the toriOS netbook
to my desktop for inclusion in the manual.

When I plug this device in I get the error

The specified directory /media/torios/E6D8-22CA is not valid

While I probably know how to fix this, it is not the point when I am
writing the manual as I need to describe how the system behaves and
provide fixes in the manual perhaps.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Hi Paul,

The problem might depend on the partition table and file system(s) on the USB flash drive.

Please tell me, and I can create a similar system and test how it behaves. You can reply with the output of the following commands

df
sudo lsblk -f