From: Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 02 April 2017 20:06
To: Cinque Port Computers; Nio Wiklund
Subject: The old desktop issue Jack has had

Hey Jack,

I am not sure if this is still an issue, but If it is, I have something
to test

Download this attachment
cd to the directory it is in and:

chmod + x starttorios
sudo cp starttorios /usr/bin

I added something extra to this file (not sure if it will solve the
issue... but it may...
Here is the additional code:
while ! xset q &>/dev/null
do
    sleep 0.1
done

This basically forces the startup program to wait until X is actually up
and then will proceed  to run whatever we need... this uses a variety of
ways to start JWM, depending on what exists in order to start all the
nice things we can to make life easier for our users (using Xsession,
dbus-launch, ck-launch-session OR our current way of starting everything
from our XDG autostart items.  I kept the old code in because it will
help someone who just copies my file to their computer without using
torios for their own use.... it should just work with JWM

PNG image

Follow ups