Re: Versions

On 01/30/2018 12:51 PM, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just updated the manual again,  can you please confirm I have the info
> right on what Torios is based on
>
> ToriOS 1.0 - Debian 8 Jessie
> ToriOS 2.0 (testing) - Debian 9 Squeeze
>
> Thanks
>
> Just updated the install page to reflect the new text based menu (based
> on e-mails)
> https://github.com/zleap/ToriOS-2017
>
> Feel free to grab pdf and include on the CD.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul

The testing branch is still based on Jessie.  Debian 9 dropped support
for the old i586 processor, putting it right where Ubuntu is for PAE
support :(

Adding external PPAs became MUCH harder in Debian 9 (though it has been
a few months since I have tested it).  I am considering using bionic for
ToriOS 2.0 since the main benefit of Debian supporting i586 processors
no longer exists.

I will probably build a bionic ISO and a Squeeze iso if, I can
reasonably do it for Debian.

But, until then I am using Jessie.

I will grab the pdf when I get closer to finalizing the ISO (so you can
play with the ISO and make any changes to the docs you need), and update
the torios-docs package with it, to include in the regular repos :D