[Blueprint website-planning] Website Planning

Blueprint changed by William Cornelius:

Whiteboard set to:
[William]

As far as the theme of the website, I intentionally went with a super
minimal design to reflect the super minimal distro. The website leans
heavily on a shade of blue with RGB values: 128, 179, 255 - I found that
particular shade to be inviting, also 80% of human beings favorite color
is blue (for whatever statistics are worth).

Wordpress has seen too many security issues over the years for me to
trust.

Content is simple once the actual pages the site will have is
established.

As far as other people being able to administrate the website. The
easiest way would be to upload a folder with the HTML files, stylesheet,
and images. This would have to be password protected and secure.
Considering that such  person would need FTP access, it would probably
make most sense to simply tuck the files away somewhere on the webserver
unless they would simply rather edit the files directly from the live
directory. I can also look at integrating a CMS solution such as
pagelime, I have worked with it before, but looking into it is not at
the top of my list.

Other topics: Are we going use an official forum? I thought there was
talk of that some time ago but my mind might be playing tricks on me. I
have a partially constructed forum here: forums.torios.org/index.php -
If we do go with a real forum(I really think we should) I would be the
administrator but would also need a couple of moderators. Rules of
conduct would need to be established for the moderators to enforce.

--
Website Planning
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/torios/+spec/website-planning