[Blueprint website-planning] Website Planning

Blueprint changed by Jack Ramsay:

Whiteboard changed:
  [William]

  As far as the theme of the website, I intentionally went with a super
  minimal design to reflect the super minimal distro. The website leans
  heavily on a shade of blue with RGB values: 128, 179, 255 - I found that
  particular shade to be inviting, also 80% of human beings favorite color
  is blue (for whatever statistics are worth).

  Wordpress has seen too many security issues over the years for me to
  trust.

  Content is simple once the actual pages the site will have is
  established.

  As far as other people being able to administrate the website. The
  easiest way would be to upload a folder with the HTML files, stylesheet,
  and images. This would have to be password protected and secure.
  Considering that such  person would need FTP access, it would probably
  make most sense to simply tuck the files away somewhere on the webserver
  unless they would simply rather edit the files directly from the live
  directory. I can also look at integrating a CMS solution such as
  pagelime, I have worked with it before, but looking into it is not at
  the top of my list.

  Other topics: Are we going use an official forum? I thought there was talk of that some time ago but my mind might be playing tricks on me. I have a partially constructed forum here: forums.torios.org/index.php - If we do go with a real forum(I really think we should) I would be the administrator but would also need a couple of moderators. Rules of conduct would need to be established for the moderators to enforce.
- [f-jack] We could do a google plus community like we have with Ubuntu Gnome. That works really well for the project and I could help teach any of the mods if needed.
+ [f-jack] We could do a google plus community like we have with Ubuntu Gnome instead of a forum. That works really well for the project and I could help teach any of the mods if needed.

--
Website Planning
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/torios/+spec/website-planning