ToriOS, moving forward.

Hello everyone,

As many of you I am sure have noticed, and as evidenced my the lack of activity on the mailing list, this project seems to have ground to a halt. There is a simple reason for that:

You cannot ask a flower to stop blooming without also asking it to die.

This project started off with a lot of momentum and great ideas being generated (perhaps too much), and yet here we find ourselves at a standstill. Yet we are not merely at a standstill, we are staring down a crossroads, and the direction we take will determine if the project lives or dies. I say this flower must continue to bloom so that our efforts and dreaming thus far not be wasted. But it is not as simple as standing up and saying with enthusiasm, 'I'll do it!', a project like this needs direction to be successful, it needs to be managed. Ever since Ali returned to the list with the message titled "Did you miss me?" the people formerly so active on the mailing list didn't come back, and almost no one answered.

Ali, my friend and brother, I know your responsibilities stretch much farther than ToriOS. Namely, heading up the Ubuntu GNOME project - and the Ubuntu GNOME project is a really big deal. I fear taking on so much played a role in your recent leave of absence. For the sake of our own interests, for the sake of ensured continuance of both respective projects, and your own well being for that matter, I respectfully ask: would you bring to a halt your leadership of the ToriOS project.

No, it is not with subtly or lack of forethought that I humbly ask this of you, nor is it intended as an affront or offense. I have been in discussion with others on transitioning this project to a new management structure in order to restore the wind to the sails of ToriOS, and also so that you can better manage your other, much larger projects in the FOSS world.

Sincerely,

William

(and a few others)