Re: Website Contact, Community, Join, etc...

On 2014-02-09 17:05, Israel wrote:
Hi all, I recently added placeholder pages for those items in the
site navigation bar...
 Now I am wondering what those pages should be.
 I am wondering if the COMMUNITY page will be a hub for all the
different ways to interact and get involved. Will it have the
launchpad stuff, the mailing list, the G+, the Ubuntu Forums page,
Ali's blog, a link to the IRC channel, etc?
 Is there a specific framework as to what I can put in there yet, or
is this something that simply needs to be a place holder until we
decide.

 The JOIN page, seems to me that it could simply be removed and the
Community page could work to have both things

 CONTACT
 So, this page will be 1 of a few things (in my mind)
 1. It will be a php/JavaScript form that someone fills in and
'Submits' and it e-mails the appropriate 'department' based on what
the choose out of a drop down list.
 2. Links to various e-mail/forum/IRC/etc... though leaving an e-mail
link is not always the most advisable.
 3. Some sort of comment page (though a forum is already this area.

 It seems that it may be nice to simply link to the IRC channel, and
forums as we could avoid having a lot of e-mail traffic, though
someone would have to be a forum moderator and read virtually
everything that is posted, etc.. Though a community could take care of
most of the Issues people have without need of the core team devoting
time to that.

 Any feedback you have would be appreciated.
 I have updated the page a bit more (some of it superficial, some of
it content.. mainly the Downloads section...)

 OH, and NEWS.
 Ali, if you want to e-mail me the news in plain text, or whatever you
like I will add it to the site. I think this will be a good simple way
to do things for the time being. If we need to involve WP (or Drupal,
etc...) we can in the future and tailor the news page to be the only
place that uses WP, so the rest of the site can remain lighter.
 I will Update the News page to have a few more things, and we could
possibly add some sort of way to update the content through a php
form, like WP, but that is of course something that is not pressing.
Simply getting news updates will be enough at this point.

 (sorry this is so long)

Hi Israel,
Not such a long email......I would "+1" your entire email. especially collapsing the join page into the community section.

Abidingly,
David