Re: Lightweight screenshot tool, and some other default programs

On 06/18/2014 10:54 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> 2014-06-18 17:04, Israel skrev:
>>  import -window root $(date -I).png
>>
>> This so far is the best thing I have found.
>> I am going to include it in the JWM config as the screenshot tool.
>>
>> I think having imagemagick in there will be good as it also provides an
>> image viewer.  It is also very lightweight.
>>
>> Any thoughts, or objections?
>>
>> I have been looking into finding the smallest programs for things.
>> There are a lot of old x programs that are incredibly lightweight, such
>> as xload (system monitor) and xclock...
>> Anyone have any other lightweight programs to include?
>>

> I have only good experiences of ImageMagick :-)
>
> It is also a good idea to use those old unix programs (and maybe htop).
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Nio!!
I agree!
Since you seem to be my 'programming buddy', I want to ask what you
think about something.
In JWM, the window border size can be 128px wide (the default is 4px)  I
think I am going to artificially limit the ability of the user here to
28px (which I think is overkill)
The same goes for the Title bar.  You can resize it to 256px (default is
20px) I think I am going to limit is to 78px.....
Can you think of a user case when it would need to be 128px wide window
border?
256px for the title bar is more understandable, I suppose for
readability for those who have a hard time seeing.

Do you think limiting those is a good idea, or a bad one?  Do you think
28px is too little?  For me 4 seems perfect...
Just figured I'd ask your opinion, as you have been very helpful in
design considerations!!

Oh... another note... Sam Hewitt (Moka icon theme designer) is going to
make the icons for my app!!  Hurray!!  He is a very nice person!