Re: Futures Idea for ToriOS, Current Progress of ToriOS, and myself

On 09/25/2014 09:39 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
Hi everyone,

Future ideas

Sorry, I am sitting at bed and I don't have a desk at the moment. I am not comfortable so I am sorry for the mistake.

Hope all is okay and doing great :)

I am half back half away ... changed home for the 3rd time in almost a year and this time, I am 12,000Km away from my previous home so I won't be active or visible unless I settle down and could find my way a bit easier as everything is a bit confusing for me at the moment.

However, I can't stop my mind to think of ToriOS and other projects.

For the current progress of ToriOS, I see everything is going as I have never ever imagined and this is due to many factors ... above all, it is the power of the team work. Secondly, the faith, hope and ambition this project/team has. Everything is positive. Yes, we had rough and tough start but the beginning is always hard. We haven't given up nor will ever do and this is the key to our success. We don't aim for success, we do what we love and believe in; success will come eventually :)

I have 2 ideas for ToriOS. This is for the future of the project. Honestly, these two ideas have nothing to do with the current shape, aim, etc of ToriOS. These are different.

Should I discuss that over the mailing list? or on an IRC meeting?

Note, these ideas are for the future of the project. We might not be able to even start thinking about them deeply until we at least have ToriOS 1.0 or maybe 2.0 so don't rush things, as said, these are just ideas.

I don't want to confuse anyone as these two ideas are really different. I don't want to change anything, I just want to expand the way I see the best of ToriOS.

ToriOS should never be just an OS for old machines. I wanted to be a huge project but it is step by step.

Also, I believe any new ideas could bring more people. No rush, these can wait a bit :)

Yes, we are small team. Yes, we are very limited with resources. Yes, we are having this or that. I don't care. I see a very powerful project. I see a very active team. I see a wonderful family. My eyes could never ever go wrong. This is what I see with my heart before my eyes. I am so proud of you all.

I haven't imagined we could defeat the challenges on our way. I am really glad. Above all, without the team work that everyone shows, we could never reached to this point.

If there is anything you need, I am still around. Once I find my way easily here, I shall try to find people here in real life. My highest priority now is to find a job. Everything else must come at the second place. I have been jobless for many years. It was possible to live like that before. Not anymore here.

Here: Australia.

As far as I can tell for now, GNU/Linux here is more known and used than other places I've been at. Hopefully, that is a good thing for myself in real life and in finding a job AND for the projects I am involved with and of course, on the top of all, ToriOS comes first :)

I am not worried about StartUbuntu. It is a huge project but does not need the efforts that ToriOS needs.

Ubuntu GNOME is part of Ubuntu, whether I/we like it or not. There are kind of strict schedules, etc we must follow. We're not 100% independent.

So, what left is ToriOS. ToriOS is different. Or at least, this is what I am planning for.

Should you need anything, let me know. Although, I see this is going really well without me at the moment. This is what I wanted. a Team/Project that could survive even without the father. This is the power of the family (AKA Team).

Thank you for everything!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad