Re: Software release life cycle

On 10/12/2014 07:57 AM, Ali Linx wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi again,

I have asked lately to be more careful with our communication as the world now has started too look more closely at ToriOS :)

That said, please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/50384/release-candidate

Calling the Alpha version of ToriOS "RC" might be very confusing and for me, it is really confusing if truth to be told.

See:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UtopicUnicorn/ReleaseSchedule

There is no such thing as: Alpha RC2

Anyway, just wanted to be extra clear and honest about that :)

IMHO, all of this must be called Alpha. I believe ToriOS had voted before to go for Alpha, Beta and RC then Final Release. Now, it seams that we have A1, A2, A3, etc ...

Again, let's be more accurate because our communications are public :D

Back to finish my breakfast :D

I think the best approach, in order NOT to confuse anyone including ourselves, I would suggest to call these release: daily builds. ONLY when a daily build is ready to be called a milestone, only then we can use Alpha, Beta and RC. Otherwise, daily builds are the safest name if you ask me :)

Mixing RC with Alpha is not good idea at all, IMHO. Sorry, just trying to be clear ...

Thanks everyone for everything .. we're the best :D

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad