Re: Testing

Hi,

On 11/06/2014 10:44 PM, Paul Sutton wrote:
Just testing TorioS On my old Duron 1600, with 1gb memory,  live system

So, this is a test on a real hardware? nice :D

Boots from CD fine.   First looks excellent.

1. Would it be possible to include a program from the menu to allow
screen shots of either the desktop or applications please.  Looking at
the manual there is a print-scr link to screen shot but nothing happens,
users expect some sort of reaction,  unless the file is saved somewhere
  i had this before where it took me a while to find the resulting file
(scrot does this, no user feedback) where as xfce4screenshooter gives a
dialogue box.

Ok kinda figured out what has happened here it saves items as png in
your home directory.  I assume we are using scrot then.

I think we need something like /home/user/pictures then have the default
location for the files put there it just keeps things in the home
directory tidy.  (may set us apart from other distros too)

Yes, I think we are using 'scrot', same as Lubuntu.

While I know what you mean, I think other screenshots applications means more RAM Usage, etc. We just need to include that on the release notes that we are using 'scrot' and the output will be on the home folder or maybe as you mentioned, the pictures folders ;)

It is then up to the users to install whatever they like - this is ToriOS's Philosophy.

2. Still on the above the default graphics editor is for bit maps so
there is no direct way to open these png files,  other than a dialog
that seems to expect the end user to know what to type.  I am sure I can
figure this out but if we take our techies hats off, its not obvious.

+1

3. Clicking on places and then connected devices seems to come up with a
stack of symlinks to various devices usb0, usb1 etc,   this looks
confusing however I managed to find my usb flash disk ok,  which I think
during a testing phase point 1 would be useful

I haven't tested that.

4. maybe include tools like lshw,  and maybe even inxi which is more
comprehensive. ( and is something like 10k disk space) for the testing
phase this could be useful to give exact info on hardware being tested on.

Testing or not, +1 to "lshw". I haven't heard nor used "inxi".

5. I have attached the output from htop,  still need to figure out how
to take a application screenshot.

It was harder for you (maybe others too) because we are unable to install any application during the Live session AND after we install the system. This must be fixed, IMHO.

Hope this helps

Paul

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

--