Re: HTML manual

On 11/23/2014 07:56 AM, Israel wrote:
> On 11/23/2014 07:37 AM, Smile4ever wrote:
>> Hi Israel and everyone else,
>>
>> The HTML version of the manual can be downloaded here while zleap finds out how to handle pull requests :)
>> https://github.com/Smile4ever/torios-manual
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Geoffrey De Belie / Smile4ever
>>

> Hi Smile,
> Awesome!  Thank you I will test this out!

Hey Smile,
the first issue I have with the HTML manual (maybe the only one)
The 'buttons' are hard-linked to LaTeX specific files... which
(fortunately for this bug report) I do not have on my computer.  They
are something like

file:/usr/lib/latex2html/icons/next.png <view-source:file:///usr/lib/latex2html/icons/next.png>

So, not sure how you will automatically fix this, but it should be
fairly simple (I hope).
If not... there is always Bash and Sed :)  So you could make a script
run the converter and then do some fancy sed action.

Other than that it seems nice!

The entire html part of the manual is 209.3 Kb  the images are fairly
large (6.3 MB)
But I think this will make having lots of languages very small.  210kB
per language should be very simple to include lots of languages and it
not get much larger than 10MB or so...

Also,
@Paul
I think we should try to redo the images to get ones from within ToriOS
only.
When I get some time I will try to remake the settings manager images
for you.
I know the images are mainly place-holders right now... but just
something I thought I should mention.
I think this is minor, but important to keep our 'branding' consistent.
Not that we have a major concern with that yet, but we are trying to
step it up in that direction :)

-Israel
ToriOS Team