sDesk

Hi everyone,
while waiting for the OS to build I played around creating a package for
sdesk.
For those who haven't been in the meetings recently or read much on this
list...

sdesk is a tool from a developer working on Puppy Linux.
Basically you can turn just about anything into a panel indicator.
And it uses SVG icons.  Why is that cool?  I'll tell you!
SVG icons are plain old xml files.  They contain points, shapes and
colors.  This means you can programatically change the colors... or
change the shape, or size of an object.

The long and short of it is that we could possibly do without all the
heavy indicators, and roll our own lightweight scripts (or reuse some
from Puppy) to have indicators.
Super lightweight battery monitor (no power management needed).  Super
lightweight network monitor.
Lightweight memory usage indicator.  CPU temp.  We could monitor
directories... etc...
of course I am just excited about it all right now.. but I will test it
out once I get Beta out :P
If anyone is interested in testing it in other DE.  This should work on
Debian... but if not, I made a CMakeLists.txt for it, so it should work
on anything that has gtk2 and cmake (even windows I suppose)

-Israel
ToriOS Team