Re: Mini ISO and virtual box

Den 2015-01-03 22:30, Paul Sutton skrev:

> However I also need to document this.
>
> The testing section of the manual is going to get very messy given
> that there are several methods of testing toriOS.
>
> 1. Use PPA in side an existing installed OS
> 2. As above inside a virtual machine
> 3. OBI on to a empty hard disk
> 4. Virtual box or other VM software
>
> So I need to be careful how I document things.
>
> It may be better to move some of this to the website or have a
> separate manual for testing,  We need to discuss tonight, once we have
> that sorted and have full access to a website it will be easier.

Hi Paul,

Add another testing option, rather important, because it is the most
common dual boot option, "Advanced OBI level"

5. OBI on to partitions for root file system and swap (prepared with
gparted or re-used)

-o-

What is the difference between the testing options 2 and 4? That ToriOS
is either host or guest? Or different virtual machines? Or something else?