Re: alternative installation method for end user via mini.iso and packages

On 01/08/2015 10:09 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Israel and all other toriosadores,
>
> I'm looking forward to the beta iso file :-)
>
> -o-
>
> But I think there might also be another fairly simple way to install
> ToriOS. We can thank Israel's hard work putting everything into packages
> and PPAs for this alternative:
>
> Simply boot the Ubuntu mini.iso and make the basic installation. Then
> install add-apt-repository, the PPAs and the packages that contain
> ToriOS. Maybe a meta-meta-package can make it even easier for the end user.
>
> Not too hard(?), 'only' straight-forward working hours to make this
> method work and well documented, and it would provide a high degree of
> flexibility :-)
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Nio,
The alternate way to do this is to use a preseed url.
However I am do not know enough about preseed to make a preseed file/url

I would like to build jwm in the torios ppa, but I have been trying to
get the newest version in.  There are some really cool new options.  You
can specify windows to not have a minimize button and close buttons (so
you could run ToriOS as a Kiosk OS if you wanted).  That is just one of
the latest developments (like yesterday).

I would also like to find out which branch of Numix I use to package
Numix gtk in ToriOS, as well as Numix and Numix-Circle.

I should be able to make mkusb part of our PPA as well.

We can (until then) make a really simple script and then have the user
wget script
chmod +x script
sudo ./script
and voila  Mini to Max.
If it is mini we will have to replace the /etc/network/interfaces file,
as the user will likely put something in it during the initial
configuration.

We can make a PPC version as well, that downloads some deb files first
(for the settings manager and sdesk and jwm).

-Israel
ToriOS Team