Re: [Part 1] ToriOS Pre-Beta Testing Report

Hi all,
[Replies and comments inline]

Den 2015-02-23 12:11, Ali Linx skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my testing report.
> Tested on Oracle VirtualBox with 1 CPU core and 256MB RAM.
>
> 15. Why there are 3 documents for OBI? description, readme and quick start?

I made it like that because I wanted to separate different kinds of
information.

If you want to read as little as possible, read the 'quick start'!
If you want more detailed help, read README!
If you want a background description, read the 'description'!

It can be changed, if we want it in a different way. These documents
should also be updated to include all improvements to the OBI by Israel.

> 19. Right click on the desktop and choosing 'change desktop wallpaper'
>     does nothing at all.

I have some super simple png files for all common monitor proportions. I
suggest that we use them until the new version of jwm can be used.

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/torios/wallpapers/

default_1280x1024_character.png (5x4)
default_1600x1200_character.png (4x3)
default_1920x1080_character.png (16x9)
default_1920x1200_character.png (8x5 alias 16x10)

> 22. I noticed that without Internet connection, I can not install
>     ToriOS. Is that normal? if this is normal and it should be like
>     that, have we documented it? it should be mentioned on OBI or
>     somewhere else as an extra reminder.

I didn't notice that. The OBI should not need it (except when it grabs
tarballs from phillw.net). So it should not be necessary here.

> 23. Installation is done in 3 mins only - WOW!

:-)

> 24. After installation is done, the system/OBI does not reboot. I should
>     do that manually. Can we change that behavior? is this normal? or a bug?

It does not reboot automatically. But when I tell it to reboot, it
reboots. Maybe I don't understand what you mean.

> 25. OBI interface has very small font even on High Resolution. Is there
>     any way to make that bigger/lager? I'm having hard time reading the
>     words :( in fact, I can't read unless I get my face next to the
>     monitor :/

Yes, I made it like that, but Israel changed it. It is easy to change
back. There are nice fonts available in xterm, for example with the
following command line options

xterm -fa default -fs 13

What size (number after -fs) would you prefer?