Re: The latest build with zsync

On 03/04/2015 07:15 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
> Hi Israel,
>
> I'm running
>
> zsync http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-beta.iso.zsync
>
> At the moment.
>
> Just to double check .. will that give me the 'latest' build of ToriOS
> instead of downloading the whole thing all over again?
>
> Also, I'm wondering if the latest build has the latest bug fixes as well?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Ali,
That one is from something around 24 Feb 2015.
I have not rebuilt it recently.
I have been working on fixing:
- issues in jwm-settings-manager (themes... finally found the bug in
Bassem, and indicators currently)
- the man pages for a couple of our packages
- working on OBI, to do a no OEM needed install.

The OBI stuff is kinda complex, so it might take me a while.... but I
think it will be extremely helpful to ToriOS (save space by not needing
oem-config on the tarball), and be a good improvement for Nio's use as well.

Basically OBI installs the OS.  Then, OBI looks at the installed OS, and
tries to find the user who is installed.  Then, it will delete the
installed user (torios in our case).  Then it will prompt for the new
user Name.  This will in turn start adduser, which will prompt for new
password, etc..
Then it will run the timezone select program (tzselect).  This will then
be exported to the user's profile, and as the system wide default.
Then we need to figure out how to start the language selection process.

I also have Sam working on a project to convert a GTK theme into a JWM
theme.
I think this will be very cool.  We can then, make a way for the user to
convert ANY existing GTK theme.  There is a part of the script that I
needed help with, as I do not program in PERL, nor do I have time (yet)
to learn it.

Sorry if this is too much information for one e-mail :)

-Israel
ToriOS Team