Re: ToriOS ISO

Den 2015-03-08 17:39, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Den 2015-03-08 14:01, Israel skrev:
>> Hi everyone,
>> please re-zsync your ISO.
>> This one has the rebuilt base, and some improvements to OBI.
>>
>> Many bugs are fixed in this build.  Please test for the bugs you have
>> reported.
>> It is getting very close to being ready for release!  Thanks everyone
>> fore testing!!!
>>

> Hi Israel,
>
> I'm zsyncing now. Less than half could be resused.
>
> 'Read ToriOS-beta.iso. Target 46.7% complete.'
>
> I guess the xz compression made it impossible to recognize that a lot is
> actually the same.
>
> Anyway it was fast :-)
>
> '#################### 100.0% 2280.5 kBps DONE'
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again Israel,

1. Big improvements :-)

Obviously people wanted the direct prompt to reboot. OK.

You selected uxterm and saved space, no tabbed window yet(?). Maybe it
is worth trying Sakura.

2. But there is at least one new bug ;-)

*The terminal window in the installed system* starts with the shell sh
and is very simple. For example it lacks history, and has only $ as
prompt. By starting bash inside the window it gets back to normal
(history, current directory in prompt etc).

3. I don't know if this bug is new or old, but I have not seen it before :-/

*The terminal window in the live system* has no Swedish letters, ÅÄÖåäö.
Otherwise Swedish keyboard can be set (the location of special
characters like slash, backslash and pipeline). It is the same problem
with German keyboard and the letters ÜÄÖüäö, that sit on the same keys.

When I start

uxterm from an xterm window, it complains: 'uxterm tried unsuccessfully
to use locale en_US.UTF-8 by setting $LC_TYPE to "en_US.UTF-8"'. This
complaint is the same independent of which keyboard I set, for example

setxkbmap se
and
setxkbmap us

It seems to be missing some file associated with UTF-8 settings, and
that file is there in the installed system.