Current Beta Progress

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to update everyone on our progress, as I have been keeping
most of the chatter off the list :)

Nio and I have been working through some of the major bugs, and minor
ones.  We have most everything worked out.

We made the decision to switch the default terminal to sakura, as mrxvt
did not support other languages very well.  sakura is very light and
fast... it is also a tabbed terminal (you can also make the background
semi-transparent as well).  This was Nio's suggestion and after using it
I fully agree it works very well and is much more pleasant looking than
mrxvt :)

We have made some minor improvements to the OBI in this most recent
round.  There have been some major bug fixes recently, as well.  Most of
the improvements were minor tweaks to improve readability and to be
smart and use the computer to figure out simple things to dynamically
generate the text.

So, we are coming up on the next iteration, which I hope will in fact be
Beta.
If there are no MAJOR regressions, I am voting to call this version
Beta.  Then we can spend the rest of the time working out any minor
issue, and updating the documentation.

In order to reach our release we NEED the documentation to be finished.
In order to get to that point we need a Beta, to freeze the features,
and keep all the programs current, and in order :)

I'll e-mail when the next ISO is ready... it will probably not be for
quite a few hours yet... I am building it, and then I need to upload and
relink, etc...

-Israel
ToriOS Team