Locale Chooser, bashrc, ToriOSManual (Was: Re: Zsync time again)

On 04/12/2015 08:12 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-04-12 08:09, Nio Wiklund skrev:
>> ..
> Hi again Israel,
>

> *Installed system*
>
> 1. I uploaded my modified .bashrc files for colour prompts, which I find
> good.
>
> a. After a long output list, it is easy to find its start (because you
> see the colour prompt before it).
>
> b. The path (in the prompt) is separated with spaces, so double-clicking
> will select it, which is very useful for example when you are accessing
> files in different directories and have more than one terminal
> tab/window open.
>
> c. You can avoid to stay as root by mistake (because you see the red
> colour).
>
> I uploaded the .bashrc files involved in the changes in an uncompressed
> tarfile,
>
> http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/torios/2015-04/colour-prompt_bashrc.tar
>
> You might want to exclude /home/guru/ and /home/guru/.bashrc because
> they will be created automatically from /skel/ during the installation.
>
> 2. Let us remember the upgrade commands that we can find at
>
> http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/torios/2015-03/upgrade-commands
>
> That can also enable the trusty kernel 3.13 with better hardware
> detection for new and middle-aged hardware. I tested that it works also
> with the current version.
>

> *Live system*
>
> 1. The 'Locale chooser' does not work. Issues the error message
>
> 'The list is existent... please reinstall this program'
>
> 2. The 'ToriOS Manual' does not work.
>
> Nothing happens when i click on its entry in the menu tree. Is this
> because the internet link does not work?
>
> -o-
>
> That's my report for now. I think ToriOS has improved, it feels nice :-)
> But I have not tested only a few things yet. For example, I tested only
> at the basic OBI level, so I'll be back.
>

> Best regards
> Nio
Hi Nio,

*bashrc*
I will look into the bashrc file.  I think it might be nice to improve
the user's terminal experience.  It might also be nice to output a
message for the user to introduce the terminal.  Obviously a seasoned
use can simply edit it out of their bashrc file.

*locale chooser*
I suppose the list did not get installed.  I will look into this again.
I made some changes in the install process when I added in the apt
handler.  It should be an easy, minor fix

*Manual*
I use x-www-browser, so I think for the live system I will need to
update-alternatives for links2
Ideally we could include Seamonkey in the Live system... but maybe we
need 2 ISOs.  CD sized, and full sized.  CD size ISO is still very
important as we all know.

-Israel
ToriOS Team