Volume control

Hi,
After using ToriOS as the main OS on one computer (for about a year
now), I finally discovered a bug that I hadn't figured out before.
This is a bug for amixer.  When you mute Master it also mutes Headphone
and Speaker
So... I wrote 3 tiny scripts to circumvent this issue.  I will be adding
them to the new themes
but basically this script will umute those 3 channels when you volume up.
Mute/unmute will toggle all 3, so (in theory) this will present the user
with a fully unmuted volume each time.
I will be testing this soon.  I am updating the ToriOS core package
right now.
If you want to use this you can edit your Keyboard shortcuts for:
XF86AudioMute                 exec:amixer-toggle
XF86AudioRaiseVolume    exec:amixer-up
XF86AudioLowerVolume   exec:amixer-down

For the copy/pasters here is a one-liner to make the edit:

sed -i
's|XF86AudioMute">exec:.*|XF86AudioMute">exec:amixer-toggle</Key>|'
~/.jwmrc && sed -i
's|XF86AudioRaiseVolume">exec:.*|XF86AudioRaiseVolume">exec:amixer-up</Key>|'
~/.jwmrc && sed -i
's|XF86AudioLowerVolume">exec:.*|XF86AudioLowerVolume">exec:amixer-down</Key>|'
~/.jwmrc

feel free to use the GUI, or other methods

-Israel
ToriOS Team