Re: e-mail from a potential user (Fwd: ToriOS Kernel)

Den 2015-04-24 01:51, Israel skrev:
> Hi everyone,
> I just got this e-mail and replied.  Does anyone have any other specific
> things I could tell this person?
> Thanks!

Hi toriosadores and potential toriosadores,

cmov: The kernel shipped with Ubuntu 10.10 dropped support for old i586
CPUs by requiring this extension, so 10.04 LTS is the last version of
Ubuntu that works with processors without cmov. See this link

https://askubuntu.com/questions/115690/this-kernel-requires-cmov-not-present-on-cpu-error-message

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS desktop passed end of life two years ago and Ubuntu
10.04 LTS server is passing end of life right now (April 2015).

ToriOS is based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, so it does not work with processors
without cmov.

-o-

But there are some linux distros, that are based on old enough kernels
to work without cmov. Please try Wary Puppy, or if that does not work,
try DSL.