Re: zsync time again :)

Hi Nio!
(inlines)

On 05/16/2015 03:15 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-05-16 19:21, Israel skrev:
>>
> Hi Israel,
>
> A. Live
>
> 1. zmktbl.desktop
>
> Someone (you or I) has goofed up the desktop file for zmktbl. The exec
> line is
hmmm... probably I... I will fix this right away!
> Exec=term -geometry ...
>
> should be
>
> Exec=xterm -geometry ...
>
> 2. mkusb icon
>
> No, the mkusb icon does not work in the live session, but when I boot
> this new iso file and use an old partition for persistence, mkusb gets
> its icon correctly :-)
>
> 3. General about icons
>
> The icon shown at the top left corner of a window is 'often' x-logo,
> even when there are other icons that should be used. This was introduced
> 'one or two iso files ago'. Maybe it is caused by the same bug as is
> causing trouble with the mkusb icon.
This is entirely an issue of the program itself.
I have not entirely figured out how to make fltk set the icon correctly
for X.
I have come up with a workaround for my program, however.
I will explicitly cause all windows with xclass JSM (my own xclass I
made up) to use the settings manager icon.
if I have time, I will go through and edit all the program bits and
pieces to have different xclass for each sub program (like panel,
themes, etc...) but for now this work around will be good
> B. Installed
>
> + I installed from the built-in tarball and it worked.
>
> 1. The mkusb icon and several other icons are missing in the menu (even
> the JWM Settings Manager), but they are displayed in the pcmanfm
> 'applications' window
>
> /usr/share/applications
>
> -o-
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't know what you have been doing with the ToriOS
> system files concerning icons and menus, so I have no idea how to fix
> this problem. Maybe the following exercise will help you:

This is an issue with the menu generator.

The issue developed when I started to add more capabilities (show
default icon rather than nothing), and the ability to grab more icons
more effectively (use relative path if it is provided in Path= ) .  In
turn there were some side effects, as I have not fully covered every use
case.
I also test icons to see which files actually exist, so I only use a
real icon.

It is getting much better, but I have to re figure my logic on
determining how to choose the icon.
The Icon line in my programs, as well as OBI/zmktbl/ztweaks is very similar

> 2. I installed xournal, and both the menu and the  pcmanfm
> 'applications' window could show xournal's own icon.
>
> The following icons were installed:
>
> /usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/48x48/apps/xournal.svg
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/xournal.svg
> /usr/share/xournal/pixmaps/xournal.svg
> /usr/share/xournal/pixmaps/xournal.png
>
> Maybe the developer of Xournal has found, that providing icons at these
> locations will work in most distros. As you can see, the 'Icon line' is
> very basic.
>
> -----
> cat /usr/share/applications/xournal.desktop
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Type=Application
>
> Name=Xournal
> Comment=Take handwritten notes
> Name[fr]=Xournal
> Comment[fr]=Prise de notes manuscrites
> Name[ca]=Xournal
> Comment[ca]=Preneu notes a mà
>
> Exec=xournal %f
> Terminal=false
> StartupNotify=true
> MimeType=application/x-xoj;application/pdf;
> Icon=xournal
> Categories=GNOME;GTK;Utility;TextEditor;
> -----
>
> I put the mkusb icons into /usr/share/icons/
>
> /usr/share/icons/mkusb.svg
> /usr/share/icons/mkusb.png
>
> and I think it should work (the system should look for icons in that
> directory)
The 'system' is the menu generator... I have written a menu generation
script from scratch (a long while back) if you remember so I have had to
really try to understand fully the desktop file specs, and icon theme
specs to craft something that will work with all the various ways people
write the Icon= line
such as
Icon=iconName
Icon=iconName.png
Icon=/path/to/icon/iconName.xpm

and

Icon=iconName.svg
Path=/path/to/icon

This is why I have had a bit of trouble... but I have almost gotten it
finished.  I have been working on it this morning to try to address this
issue
> Best regards
> Nio

-Israel