Re: Updates to ToriOS based on recent meeting

Den 2015-06-07 15:06, Israel skrev:
> Hi everyone,
> I updated quite a bit recently, as Ali gave a pretty good full list of
> issues...
> Here are the latest changes: (note the *ISO has not been updated YET*...
> these will occur on sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade)
> 1. all windows from the jwm-settings-manager center on screen (this
> includes the shutdown menu)
> 2. I installed parcellite in the base OS, but that will appear in the
> *next ISO* for the clipboard manager
> 3. I changed the plymouth theme to have:
> "Your Computer is as Free as a Bird"
> 4. I modified our polkit rules to allow unix-group=guest* to use network
> manager/shutdown/udisks(plug-in devices like USB)
> 5. post install script runs for each new user (or every time a guest
> logs in)
> 7. I installed the gnome language selector... but *we need to determine
> the best input method chooser*
>
> The only thing left is menu refreshing.  I have not had any issues with
> my menu not refreshing... though I also run update-menu if I need to...
> I suppose I could add an item at the bottom of the menu that says
> 'Update Menu'
>
> The main issue is that programs that install and do not call update-menu
> do not update the menu.  Does anyone know of an alternative place to
> include scripts to run each time a package is installed, regardless of
> whether it calls update-menu or not?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> -Israel
> ToriOS Team

Hi Israel,

I'm looking forward to the next iso file :-)

I don't think I have anything to contribute right now. I'm prepared to
test the next version of the iso file - both the new features, and the
old ones - to check that they are not affected by the changes.