Re: Docs

[bottom posting]

Den 2016-03-24 kl. 22:33, skrev Samuel Klein:
(GMX formatting won't let me to respond inline. Sorry for the repost.)
 >>1. How should I do the reproduce the error of the obi-readme program?
Open a virtual machine. Create a new disk. Run ToriOS Live. Load ToriOS.
Go to terminal. Type: *obi-readme*
There appears to be a library missing. I tried installing it earlier,
but the network issue stopped me.
Sam
*Sent:* Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 3:58 PM
*From:* "Nio Wiklund" <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>
<torios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* Re: [Torios] Docs
Den 2016-03-24 kl. 21:14, skrev Samuel Klein:
 > This is mostly for Nio + Israel:
 > The obi-readme program has an error:
 > */usr/bin/evice:error while loading shared libraries: libSM.so.6: Cannot
 > open shared object file: No such file or directory.*
 > The documentation for zMktbl says this:
 > ---
 > /*zmktbl*, a graphical tool to make tarballs, is added to the OBI
 > system. An icon on the desktop brings you directly to the graphical
 > tool, when you run the Lubuntu desktop.
 >
 > This should work without much instructions, but
 >
 > - it is recommended to save the tarballs in the directory */tarballs*,
 > if it has write access and there is enough free space,
 > - otherwise (for example in systems booted from ISO files) you should
 > select a directory in a partition with enough free space for the
tarball./
 > ---
 > I think I understand that if I have a tori source from Launchpad, I
 > could make it into a tarball. And maybe a small bullet point of what the
 > graphical program does. I can implement this into the docs and flesh it
 > out for a non-technical audience. Right now there isn't enough
 > information. And I'm not specialized in Lubuntu development.
 > Sam

Hi Sam,

1. How should I do the reproduce the error of the obi-readme program?

2. The help text of the zmktbl is not updated for ToriOS. You are very
welcome to improve it.

Hi Samuel,

1. It works for me in the daily Ubuntu based version uploaded March 15.

2. I updated/dist-upgraded it (the live session) and after that the bug hit me: [the pdf reader] evince is missing the library libSM.so.6

The daily Ubuntu based version uploaded March 18 lacks internet connection, so I skipped it. Maybe the bug was introduced there, but what is more important, this bug affects the 'latest and greatest version' available from the repositories and PPAs.