Re: Feedback from a new user [was: Re: [Torios-dev] New Debian ISO]

Hi again,
(inline replies)

On 08/30/2016 09:52 AM, BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. wrote:
I am surprised to immediately reply. Thanks for the welcome. :)

We are always glad to have more people involved!
Would you be willing to help translate our programs into Japanese?
We really need more translators.
Yes, I joined the team with the intention to support the translation.
Thank you!

Initially I was tormented in trouble on the desktop icon and menu.

Sorry about that, hope we can fix most if not all the issues.

(I reported it in the Web of contact)

For some reason, I need to login to WordPress to read these emails? not sure
why the site does not forward that to my inbox directly? I need to look into
this later ..
This may have been mislead everyone in the wrong translation. sorry...

I sent a bug report in the Contact page http://torios.top/contacts/
before about 1-2 days.
If you have not seen it, Contact form might not function.

I had encountered the following issues:

- Menu is output only 3 items
Since this was also information flows earlier,
ML members will know.
Yes this is a known bug.  It has been fixed upstream
- Icon does not appear on the desktop
Perhaps it has been affected by the timing of "pcmanfm --desktop"
in the startup of JWM.
At this time, when I right-click, X was down.
(restart JWM or return of lightDM)
This failure is related the the menu issue, unfortunately.

With these, I was in a state that can not be the installation of ToriOS.
This was encountered in both VirtualBox and the real PC.

Strangely, I was downloaded and installed again ISO the next day,
it has been improved.
We reverted the ISO to the previous working version while we fix the menu issue, so you downloaded a better working version instead. Both issues were tied to the menu issue, which should be resolved now, though we are going to begin testing the fixes soon.

In addition to this, I have found a new bug:

- When the directory name is non-English in the home,
   the display of the Places (panel) is funny
For example, if the directory name has changed, such as the Music to 音楽 .
These names depending on the locale has the ability to change.

Can you send me the output of
xdg-user-dir MUSIC

This will help fix the issue/
Japanese people to cherish things.
For this reason, Japan users are leaving Windows XP pre-installed PC are many.
ToriOS will us to recover the use of the PC.
I am glad ToriOS will help you recover PCs! This is why we began this project.

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)

..