Re: ToriOS Trusty

[bottom posting]

Den 2016-11-23 kl. 21:46, skrev Nio Wiklund:
Den 2016-11-23 kl. 15:32, skrev Nio Wiklund:
Hi,

Israel helped me to make a test system for ToriOS based on Ubuntu
Trusty. I am testing it now, and I intend to make

- a tarball for the OBI installer in ToriOS 1.0 and

- a compressed image file for mkusb, so that you can install it easily
and take part in the testing.

- I'll try to make a vdi file for VirtualBox too.

-o-

I made it in my Toshiba laptop with Intel i5 processor and Intel
graphics (where it works of course). I tested it in the following
computers:

IBM Thinkpad T42 with Pentium M - it works but needs the boot option
forcepae in order to upgrade the kernel.

Dell Dimension 4600 with Pentium 4 - it works

Motherboard M2NVM_DVI with AMD Athlon (64-bit) - it works

Intel NUC6i3SYH - the system works, but not the internet, the computer
is too new.

Hi toriosadores,

*Files to install ToriOS-Trusty to test what Israel develops*

Now I have uploaded two tarballs, a compressed image file and a
compressed virtual disk image. You find them and their md5sums at

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/torios/01_Test_Tarballs/

dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.img.xz     # install with mkusb
ToriTrustyTest01_by-OBI-in-Trusty.tar.xz  # tarball for 'my' OBI
ToriTrustyTest01_by-ToriOS-debian.tar.xz  # tarball for ToriOS 1.0
dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi.xz     # disk for VirtualBox

Three of the files can be used as they are by mkusb and the two OBI
versions. The vdi.xz file must be expanded before it is used with
VirtualBox,

xzcat dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi.xz >
dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi

Connect the vdi file to a virtual machine and boot ToriOS. You should be
able to update & upgrade it with Israel's new versions in order to test
them.

I had very low resolution in VirtualBox, only 640x480, until I set

GRUB_TERMINAL=console

and ran

sudo update-grub. See the attached screenshot. After reboot the
resolution increased to 1024x768. (I did not install any guest additions.)

Happy testing :-)
Nio

Hi again!

Sorry, I forgot to mention the password, which is the usual on for the user 'guru' in these images. Here they are:

user: guru
password: changeme